Friday, April 22, 2011

time to brief people!

hi! i'm posting my second entry within 24 hours! gosh. how eager am I promoting my blog. haha. well, as i promised in my last entry about how the new course in University of Malaya can help the disabled? here's the thing. last year, faculty of engineering had open a new course under Biomedical Engineering department. the course is what I'm taking now which is Bachelor of Biomedical Engineering (Prosthetics and Orthotics)

Prosthetics? never heard of it. Orthotics? people related to Orthopedics? I think before I started to make everybody bored by reading junk without an introduction. Allow me to introduce to you about those things I mentioned earlier.
Prosthetics :
according to medicnet.com prosthetics, referring as prosthesis mean an artificial substitute or replacement of a part of the body. a prosthesis is designed for cosmetics or functional reason or both
this is a prosthetics leg. well.. not only human being can wear prosthesis. look at this :) :

a cute dog and elephant with prosthesis :) ok! lets move on to orthotics
Orthotics :
An orthopedic appliance or apparatus used to support, align, prevent, or correct deformities or to improve the function of movable parts of the body.
Also Known As: braces, splints

this is what the pictures in last entry i've showed to you :)
Here are few examples of orthosis :



and this pictures show one of the procedures for making an orthosis :)


* this procedure is for taking the shape of the patient leg :) want to see how the final result we get?


here it is :)
so. i
hope my explanation give you a picture on how we want to make a difference in helping the disabled. hope to see u soon in my next entry :)
p/s: do mind ignoring all grammatical e
rrors? =,=" Thank You :)

2 comments:

Puteri Ummi Atilia said...

for my course ade prosthodontics and orthodontics. hehehehe.. :D

mira.aliaa said...

wahh.. ape tu? nak tawu jgak!!